Tuesday 2 February 2016



Karan Wilson MBA Candidate Kelley School of Business
Class of 2017

I am a re-applicant and had applied by myself (with support of family members) in the first year.  The rejects were very disheartening and by the time my first time applications cycle had ended, I was very de-motivated.  That’s the time I decided to explore the possibility of taking help from outside and started speaking to a wide range of consultants; right from the big – names who turned out to be selling off the assembly line solutions to the little known, heavily priced boutique firms who expressed even lesser confidence in me than I had in myself at the time.  I was looking for a value for money, customized proposition designed to fulfill my goals.

I then came across MBADream and at the first glance it seemed too good to be true!  The student testimonials on their website were numerous and superlative and their pricing matrix looked as if it had not been updated for decades.  Just to make sure all of it was not a hoax, I called up the busybody that is Rahul and scheduled an introduction call.  On the intro call itself, I found the ease and confidence I was looking for with Rahul.  We spoke at length and he suggested that I talk with a few students who had worked with him; I did and was further motivated to go with MBADream.  Our first call happened late one night and I wasn’t surprised, I knew Rahul was a busy guy but I also knew that I had his utmost attention like, I can bet, every individual student had.  Rahul helped me to develop a wider perspective and look beyond the obvious information shared in popular rankings.  He guided me with a loose hand, giving me space to experiment and yet, was very frank in his criticism and always guided me towards the right path acting as a compass always pointing me to admittance success.  What I especially enjoyed while working with him was the relationship that we shared, actually share even today; it is a relationship built on trust and honesty.  In the beginning, I was very skeptical about the sort of arrangement this consulting process was (not meeting in person, and everything shared over mails and calls) as I had no similar prior experience.  Rahul put reality in a very objective and matter-of-fact way in front of me which I appreciate.  I believe that it was this conversation that we had which tested our belief in each other and cemented our bond.  Rahul is always ready to hear me out, be it my smallest achievements to my biggest blunders and especially, help me to use them as a “strength” always and never a “weakness”.

I trusted him following his advice and it paid off: my first admit came from SMU (Cox) with 70,000 USD merit scholarship and I was over the moon!  I informed Rahul and he put it very nonchalantly, “This is just the beginning.”  And by God, he was right.  I got in to Vanderbilt (Owen) with another 70,000 USD merit scholarship and after that, I received an admit from the school that I had been pushing for 2 years – IU’s Kelley School of Business and that too with a total of little over 54,000 USD in financial aid.  I could not have hoped for a better outcome of my endeavors.  Since then, I have been actually withdrawing from interviews and rejecting offers.  As I am writing this out, UM’s Carlson has mailed me a congratulations mail for another successful admit. 

As this admissions cycle is coming to an end, I feel utmost relief that I went with Rahul and MBADream to fulfill my goal of going to a B-School of my choice.  Post admits, I am still in touch with Rahul for guidance regarding finances, visa, etc. and as ever, he is supportive and helpful.
 
I wish him and his team members exciting times ahead and greater successes.  MBADream receives big thumbs up from me and comes highly recommended!!      


Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Supply Chain and Marketing
2015 – 2017

Graduate Assistant - Department of Operations and Decision Technologies
·        
Bachelor, Engineering; Automobile Engineering
2007 – 2011


best mba admissions consultant in Bangalore

No comments:

Post a Comment